Strawberry Shortcake -Oceanstone Style
Strawberry Shortcake: A Great All-Occasions Recipe
Strawberry Shortcake is a time-tested classic. Though you may think of strawberries as a summer time treat, Strawberry shortcake is wonderful any time of year. Depending on your choice of base, it can either be a light and fluffy end to a meal, or a rich and decadent dessert. Paired well with just about any meal, you’ll be a fan in no time.
4 ea Fresh Tea Biscuits
1 pt Fresh Strawberries
2 cups Whipping Cream
4 TBSP Icing Sugar
½ cup Cranberry Juice
4 sprigs Fresh Mint
- Wash berries and remove green stem and leaf
- Slice tea biscuits in half
- Slice one half of the berries
- In a blender combine the other half of berries, 1 TBSP of icing sugar and cranberry juice
- Blend until smooth
- Whip cream with remaining 3 TBSP of icing sugar to stiff peaks
- Place bottom half of tea biscuit in a shallow bowl, top with sliced strawberries
- Pour enough of the blended strawberry mixture over sliced berries to form puddle of sauce around biscuit
- Top this layer with a dollop of whipped cream
- Place top half of tea biscuit on whipped cream layer
- Place a dot of whipped cream on top of biscuit
- Finish with sprig of fresh mint
PRO TIP : As you can imagine, toppings and pairings can be varied with strawberry shortcake! Try adding a dash of strawberry liqueur, or perhaps a chocolate drizzle to your finished masterpiece. Many people also enjoy adding ice-cream to this classic recipe for a little extra richness. If you’re feeling fancy, why not try poundcake, or angel food cake instead of a tea biscuit?
We truly believe that you should have fun and experiment with your favourite desserts!